Reclaim Control: Cumbernauld Alcohol Rehab Experts
Table of Contents
Castle Craig is a world-renowned residential rehab clinic based in the Scottish Borders, just 40 minutes drive from Edinburgh and one hour from Glasgow.
Our state-of-the-art facility treats people suffering from alcohol and drug addictions, many of whom have other complex underlying conditions and mental health difficulties.
We treat a range of addictions including:
- Alcohol addiction
- Drug addiction
- Opiate addiction
- Prescription drug addiction
- Benzodiazepine addiction
- Dual-diagnosis disorders
An impressive 98% patient satisfaction rate.
Free Addiction Assessment Near Cumbernauld
The first step to getting help is an assessment.
- Telephone assessment takes 30 minutes
- Completely free of charge or obligation
- Confidential and understanding
- Allows us to advise on the correct treatment plan including detoxes
If you choose to attend Castle Craig you would also undergo a consultation with a psychiatrist before rehab.
Addiction Is an Illness
It is important to get the help you need before the illness takes hold.
Though many people are apprehensive about in-patient rehabilitation, this is one of the most successful ways to break free from the cycle of addiction.
One of Castle Craig’s main advantages is its expert team of addiction therapists who are accredited with either COSCA (Counselling and Psychotherapy Scotland) Scotland’s professional body for counselling and psychotherapy or BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
Why Pay to Go to Rehab to Recover?
Some of the pros of choosing to go private:
- You can usually start private rehab as soon as you are ready.
- There is more flexibility and choice in regard to your treatment methods.
- There will likely be better resources in a private facility.
- You will often get more 1-on-1 time with a therapist.
- No waiting lists
We use a holistic treatment approach that incorporates a variety of therapies and proven treatment methods. This includes the renowned 12-step treatment model, cognitive behavioural therapy, group therapy, individual therapy, EDMR, trauma therapy, grief therapy and family counselling etc.
Our specially developed, evidence-based residential treatment programme to address alcohol and drug dependency has helped over 10,000 people regain control over their lives.
Everyone that comes to Castle Craig has a different story and therefore has a different requirement in regards to what kind of help they need to address their substance dependency and any underlying or closely connected issues.
Our medical team have decades of experience in managing the essential detoxification stage of giving up addictive drugs. Whether you are stopping using cocaine, prescription drugs, opiates or cannabis, we offer a treatment programme that enables you to break the cycle of addiction in safety and minimal discomfort.
Behavioural Addictions Rehab
Addiction takes many different shapes. People with behavioural addictions often experience feelings of a loss of control over their habits. When it gets to the point of feeling this ‘loss of control’ or when certain behaviours are impacting your life and the lives of those around you, many people turn to rehab to get their life back.
Other behaviours such as eating, shopping, browsing the internet, porn and sex can become compulsive and lead to addiction.
If you want to be free from addiction then Castle Craig can help you live a sober life, free from drugs and alcohol.
NHS Resources for Cumbernauld and Wider Lanarkshire
For those based in Airdrie, Bellshill, Coatbridge, Motherwell, East Kilbride, Hamilton, Clydesdale or Wishaw some options available to you include:
- North and South Integrated Rehabilitation Teams (IRT) are currently carrying out community visits for all priorities, to assess/treat and support service.
- North Lanarkshire Addiction Recovery Team (ART) offers a variety of services to support people experiencing difficulties with alcohol or drug use.
- There are many Alcoholics Anonymous meetings that take place every week in Cumbernauld.
Although there are NHS resources available, like most health services the budget is often stretched and people can find themselves on long waiting lists before receiving any help.
If you would like to go private but are worried about the costs, click here to find out about costs and funding.
Download Our Brochure
Contact Castle Craig
Outcomes from a Cohort of Patients at Castle Craig Hospital, 2015*
- 4% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after about 1 year).
- 8% of those questioned were either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent.
- 6% were classed as a “good outcome” by the independent reviewers.
Our treatment is very successful. It is evidence-based, and the evidence is independent.
If you want to find out more about our high-quality, dependable treatment, don’t be afraid to get in contact.
Other Addiction Resources in Cumbernauld
- The first step is to talk to your GP. Read more about NHS support
- Cumbernauld Alcoholics Anonymous – Wednesday Meetup
- Find out about shopping addiction here.
- Addictive Eaters Anonymous Glasgow.
- Find out about a typical admissions process for rehab here
- Customised tailored treatment plans
- Treatment in a luxury resort-style facility
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Aftercare to help you stay sober and in recovery and lower the risk of relapse
Twelve-step fellowships are a great option for those who are unsure about treatment or don’t know where else to turn. Their meetings are free to attend and are completely confidential. Alcoholics Anonymous Cumbernauld lists all of their meetings on their website.
Castle Craig Hospital
0808 271 7500
How Can Castle Craig Help?
How Do I Pay For Rehab?
One concern we sometimes hear from people is how they will fund their rehab treatment. The cost of rehab varies depending on what kind of accommodation you choose. You can pay for treatment at Castle Craig privately, or through medical insurance, and some people receive funding through the NHS.
How Long Is the Rehab Programme?
Residential rehab treatment starts at four weeks and can go up to 12+ weeks. Research shows us that the longer you stay in rehab and are part of the residential therapy programme, the longer the likelihood of continued abstinence and stable recovery.
Who Will I Speak to When I Call?
When you call you will reach our Help Centre team who will give you all the information you need to help you decide whether to choose treatment at Castle Craig. Once you have decided that you would like to have a free screening assessment you will be put in touch with our admissions case managers who will guide you through the admissions process.
What Happens at the End of My Treatment?
Castle Craig thoroughly prepares patients before departure by creating a personalised continuing care plan which is formulated following discussions with the medical and therapeutic team. We offer an online continuing care programme which runs for 24 weeks after leaving treatment, in order to ensure a smooth transition back into your everyday life. Patients leaving treatment automatically join our Recovery Club where they can stay connected via our annual reunion, events, online workshops and recovery newsletters.