Full-Time Finance Assistant
We are seeking an experienced Finance Assistant to join our dedicated finance department at Castle Craig Hospital. You will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer with a reporting line into the Senior Accountant relating to invoicing, debtors, customer accounts etc.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, organisational, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
In addition, the candidate must be detail-oriented, have strong digital skills and be able to meet deadlines.
If you are an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with two years of experience in accountancy, looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your accounting skills, this is the job for you!
Delivering compassionate care and achieving the best outcomes for people suffering from addictions to alcohol and drugs and mental health conditions, is at the heart of everything we do. All of us at Castle Craig are committed to this purpose.
Castle Craig Hospital is a centre of excellence for the treatment of addiction, rated ‘Exceptional’ by our regulators Healthcare Improvement Scotland. We operate an abstinence-oriented, 12-step informed programme for addictions and have run a successful therapy programme since 1988. We are located 30 minutes from Edinburgh and 45 minutes from Glasgow, in the beautiful Scottish Borders.
We are leaders in the UK and European rehab field, treating up to 82 patients onsite and many more via teletherapy. We also have clinics and networks in Ireland, London, the Netherlands, Sweden and France.
Castle Craig is a unique place to work where you will have the support of a strong team and opportunities for professional development.
- Setting up new customers on the sales ledger
- Producing and issuing daily invoices to customers, insurers, NHS, etc
- Monitor and follow up with debtors
- Record cash and bank receipts and allocate to customer accounts
- Issue refunds where authorised
- Create and maintain various spreadsheets in Excel
- Provide timely and accurate financial information as required
- Liaise with customers and other departments
- Make travel arrangements
- Update Forex rates
- Use of payment portal
- Other duties as required for the CFO, Accountants and Finance Officer
- A good understanding of basic accounting principles/bookkeeping principles.
- Excellent numeracy & literacy skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good Excel skills.
- Experience using Sage Accounting preferably Sage 50
- Well-organised, reliable with good planning skills
- Team Player – willing to assist colleagues and support various departments
- 9 am-5pm Monday – Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,800.00-£25,500.00 per year
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- Accountancy: 2 years (required)
- English (required)