We are seeking an experienced Operations Administrator to join our team at Castle Craig Hospital.
Delivering compassionate care and achieving the best outcomes for people suffering from addictions to alcohol and drugs and mental health conditions, is at the heart of everything we do. All of us at Castle Craig are committed to this purpose.
Castle Craig Hospital is a centre of excellence for the treatment of addiction, rated ‘Exceptional’ by our regulators Healthcare Improvement Scotland. We operate an abstinence-oriented, 12 Step informed programme for addictions and have run a successful therapy programme since 1988. We are located 30 minutes from Edinburgh and 45 minutes from Glasgow, in the beautiful Scottish Borders.
We are leaders in the UK and European rehab field, treating up to 82 patients onsite and many more via teletherapy. We also have clinics and networks in Ireland, London, the Netherlands, Sweden, and France.
Castle Craig is a unique place to work where you will have the support of a strong team and opportunities for professional development.
The Operations Administrator will play an important role, assisting the Operations Manager in ensuring the effective and professional running of the hospital. Key responsibilities within the role will include:
- Management of daily timetables.
- Updating patient noticeboards, and displaying information leaflets, maintaining staff photo board & posters as requested.
- Uploading patient files.
- Booking of travel/taxis for both staff and patients.
- Booking of travel for AA and CA and Church attendance.
- Administration arrangements for onsite barber/hairdresser.
- Compiling and distributing Weekly Briefing sheets.
- Conducting subject-based focus groups.
- Weekly signup sheets for HBOT.
- Computer booking sheets.
- Secretarial support to Clinical Governance, Health & Safety, and other governance meetings – including preparation, minutes, and action points.
- Clerical assistance to Operations Manager.
- Assisting the Operations Manager with audit tasks including annual mandatory training records.
- Ensuring up-to-date GMC and NMC checks.
- Completing weekly medicines management interactions in liaison with Specialty Doctors.
- Ensuring all Subject Access Requests are managed and actioned in accordance with the Hospital policies and ensuring timescales are adhered to.
- Preparing confirmation of treatment letters for former patients.
- Complete returns for the Lobbying and Transparency Registers.
- Liaising with external pharmacist.
- Maintaining current DBS documentation.
- Collating Pat-Sat information and creating reports for managers.
- Assisting in the preparation and set-up of meetings and small events.
- Purchasing of stationery, CDRF, PPCD pads, and reading materials for the Hospital.
- Ordering of medical supplies.
- Assisting with preparation for professional visits, assisting with tours and arranging transport, hospitality/lodging.
- Managing Annual Reunion.
- A minimum of three years experience in an administrative setting.
- Smart professional appearance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, dealing with all levels of people (patients, clinicians, directors, external people, and colleagues).
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Needs to be able to work cooperatively with team members and with other staff to achieve team and organisational goals.
- The ability to handle sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality about both patient and corporate information.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work flexibly to meet organisational needs.
- Ability to work under my own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Must be comfortable with maintaining processes/procedures.
- Needs to be able to stay calm when under pressure.
- Needs to be able to apply common sense when dealing with situations which do not fit the norm.
- Must be adaptable and comfortable dealing with changing priorities.
- Due to the hospital’s location, the post holder must be able to provide own transport to and from work.
- Ease with new digital systems is essential.
- Good communication skills and the ability to multitask is essential.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting.
- Should have the desire and ability to develop within the role.
- Some experience in the audit process.
- Company pension contribution
- Lunch and refreshments
- Free on-site parking
- Sick pay
- Use of hospital gym
- Discounts in hospital shop
- Pension Scheme
Salary: £26,000 per annum.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 09h00 – 17h00, however, flexibility is required to meet the demands of the role.
To apply for this position, please visit our website careers webpage where there is an online job application form or alternatively, you can email your application to HR@castlecraig.co.uk.