Our address is:
Castle Craig Hospital
West Linton near Edinburgh,
EH46 7DH (postcode)
Telephone: 0808 271 7500
Getting Here by Plane or Train
Castle Craig’s location is within easy reach of Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle. For people living further away, these cities have mainline rail stations and airports with national as well as international links.
We try to make the whole process of getting to Castle Craig as easy as possible and can arrange a taxi transfer to meet you at the airport or train station.
Getting Here by Road
- From Edinburgh: For Castle Craig’s location from Edinburgh -Follow the A701 to Penicuik. 3 miles after Penicuik turn right at the Leadburn Inn junction, and continue on the A701. After 10 miles (just after the village of Blyth Bridge) turn left onto the A72 (direction Peebles). Castle Craig is located on the A72 after half a mile.
- From Glasgow: For Castle Craig’s location from Glasgow -Drive towards Carnwath on the A73, then continue on the A721 and the A70. Eventually, the road connects with the A72 at Blyth Bridge and you take the road towards Peebles.
- From N.W. England: For Castle Craig’s location from N.W England- If you are driving up the M6 turn off the motorway (the A74/M) at Abingdon and follow the A702. After the town of Biggar turn right on the A721 and this connects up with the A72 (follow signs to Peebles). Castle Craig Hospital is on the right-hand side.
- From N.E. England: For Castle Craig’s location from N.E England – Take the A68 from Newcastle and turn left at Melrose. Follow signs for Peebles on – the A72. Continue on the A72 through Peebles until you reach Castle Craig Hospital on the left-hand side.
If you still have any trouble with finding Castle Craig Hospital, please do contact us and we will do our utmost to help you with your journey.
There is no public bus or train to Castle Craig but there are plenty of buses running from Edinburgh to the nearby locations of Penicuik, West Linton, Peebles and Biggar — from where you can get a taxi. For information on routes and times visit the Lothian Bus Journey Planner or call one of our receptionists for help.
We recommend these local taxi companies:
- Pedro Nogueira – 07365266041, email@example.com
- David Small – 07710762611, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For 4 Taxi – 5 Jean Fleming House, Broomlee Crescent, West Linton (7 miles from Castle Craig). +44 (0)7977 044 044. A single trip to/from Edinburgh Airport is £40. A single trip to Peebles or Biggar is £15. A single trip to Lanark is £20.
- Green-Lyne Taxis – West Linton. +44 (0)7771 756471. £45 single to/from Edinburgh Airport.
- DS Private Hire – West Linton. +44 (0)7710 762611 / +44 (0) 1968 660730. Price on application.
Once you arrive at Castle Craig, proceed from the main road to the Lodges. These are the first buildings you will see on your left. This is where our reception and admissions department is. This is also where deliveries come during working hours.
From the Lodges follow the drive up and at the fork in the road, turn right for the main castle, and left for Kirkurd (detox unit) and Recovery Gardens.
Castle Craig England
How Can Castle Craig Help?
How Do I Pay For Rehab?
One concern we sometimes hear from people is how they will fund their rehab treatment. The cost of rehab varies depending on what kind of accommodation you choose. You can pay for treatment at Castle Craig privately, or through medical insurance, and some people receive funding through the NHS.
How Long Is the Rehab Programme?
Residential rehab treatment starts at four weeks and can go up to 12+ weeks. Research shows us that the longer you stay in rehab and are part of the residential therapy programme, the longer the likelihood of continued abstinence and stable recovery.
Who Will I Speak to When I Call?
When you call you will reach our Help Centre team who will give you all the information you need to help you decide whether to choose treatment at Castle Craig. Once you have decided that you would like to have a free screening assessment you will be put in touch with our admissions case managers who will guide you through the admissions process.
What Happens at the End of My Treatment?
Castle Craig thoroughly prepares patients before departure by creating a personalised continuing care plan which is formulated following discussions with the medical and therapeutic team. We offer an online continuing care programme which runs for 24 weeks after leaving treatment, in order to ensure a smooth transition back into your everyday life. Patients leaving treatment automatically join our Recovery Club where they can stay connected via our annual reunion, events, online workshops and recovery newsletters.