Need Help With A Story?
Castle Craig is frequently contacted by journalists, researchers, TV and radio producers and we are often in the media. If you have a press enquiry please get in touch with our Communications Department by on email@example.com and we will see what we can do to help you as quickly as possible.
Stigma is a barrier to recovery because the shame associated with stigma prevents people from reaching out for help. We want to play a role in spreading the word about recovery.
We are here to provide you with all the necessary resources and answers to your queries. Whether you need to interview one of our experts, request a press release or simply find out more about what we do, we are happy to help.
If you need a spokesperson (director, psychiatrist, doctor, therapist) for a media story about alcohol, drugs, gambling, gaming, cryptocurrency addiction, therapy, or mental health, then we can help. Our communications team will consider your request, ask for more information and then forward it to the relevant person.
We are able to comment on a variety of topics such as:
- Alcohol addiction
- Drug addiction
- Rehab treatment
- Gambling addiction
- Gaming addiction
- Opioid addiction
- Prescription drug addiction
- Porn addiction
- Sex addiction
- Social media addiction
- Eating disorders
- Therapies such as The 12 Steps, CBT, EMDR, Trauma Therapy, Grief Therapy, Equine Therapy, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Other mental health conditions
Interviews With Patients
In some cases, we are able to arrange interviews with current or former patients. Patient confidentiality is our primary concern when collaborating with the media and any filming, photography or interviews need to be agreed upon with the clinical team beforehand. We cannot always guarantee that you will be able to show the identity of the subject, this is up to the individual.
All requests need to be passed between various staff members and we request that you describe, in writing, in as much detail as possible what you would like from Castle Craig.
- Overview of the story being written
- Where the story will be published
Media Photos & Videos
You can find photographs of Castle Craig, our surroundings, rooms, and depictions of our treatment programme in our photo gallery. Contact us directly if you would like drone footage of the Castle Craig grounds, or for any type of media you were unable to find.
Castle Craig Media Appearances
BBC Report on Alcohol Prices
A BBC TV report about minimum pricing of alcohol in Scotland – the first time this happened in the EU. In 2011, Scotland’s government introduced a minimum alcohol pricing system.
In this short bulletin, the impact of this policy is discussed and some of the patients at Castle Craig rehab clinic are asked what they think about the proposal.
Former Castle Craig Patient on BBC Serial “The Scheme”
A clip from the debate following on from the 4-part BBC documentary “The Scheme.”
During the debate, one of the participants, Naomi Tomlins, talks about her experience at Castle Craig Hospital.
Cryptocurrency Addiction Treatment
NBC talks about how Castle Craig’s offers treatment for alcohol, drug, behavioural, and gambling addictions.
Now, it also tackles crypto-addiction within its gambling program, as stated on the hospital’s website.
Dangers of Cryptocurrency Addiction
The Guardian published an article on the dangers of cryptocurrency trading, and how it can lead to addiction.
The article features an interview with a Castle Craig patient who tells his story of a life turned upside down by his addiction to cryptocurrency trading.
Contact Castle Craig Today
Other Media Appearances
- BBC News, Drug Deaths in Scotland Reach a New Record Level
- Award-Winning Business Woman Reveals How Family and Friends Helped Her Conquer Years of Alcohol Abuse. Daily Record
- Opioid Crisis Feared As Use Of Codeine, Tramadol And Others Skyrocket. Huffington Post
- Country pads and horse therapy for £10k a month but a gruelling treatment schedule… is rehab like a spa or a prison? The Sun
- The Herald, Case Study: ‘I drank to oblivion. In the end, I used to pray to God I wouldn’t wake up’
- Gambling addiction – an insider’s perspective, igamingbusiness.com
- Former drug addict opens up on how rehab allowed her to be a proper mum again, Daily Record
- NHS accused of fuelling rise in opioid addiction, BBC News
- Prescription drugs gabapentin and pregabalin cited in nearly a quarter of Scots overdoses. The Herald
- NHS ‘creating drug addicts’ as figures show surge in prescriptions for powerful opioid painkillers, The Daily Telegraph
- What is porn addiction, how to stop it and is counselling available? The Sun
- Is Cold and Dark Weather a Trigger for Heavy Drinking? PsychCentral.com
- Gambling With Lives: Expert blasts bookies’ betting machines as it emerges Scots have spent £1.1bn on them in eight years. The Scottish Sun
- Living in a Cold, Dark Climate Linked To Heavy Drinking, BBC News
- How to Curb Your Drinking on Cold Winter Nights. The Guardian
- Bitcoin Traders Offered Therapy for Addiction, The Times
- Daily Record, Horse Sense
- The Scotsman, Helping Hand to Beat the Demon Drink.
- The Herald, Spending Time with Horses: Is this the Perfect Therapy?
- Oxygen Therapy, the Treatment Behind Serviceman’s Amazing Recovery. The Daily Telegraph
- The efficacy of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) in addiction treatment, Addictionblog.org
- Daily Record, Unethical and Dangerous, Methadone users risk brain damage and heart problems
- Huffington Post, Articles from Rupert Wolfe Murray
- BBC Alba, Equine Therapy