Programme Timetable at Castle Craig
- All patients undergo a thorough biopsychosocial assessment and detoxification (if required).
- Patients are introduced to their focal therapist, who is assigned with the patient’s needs in mind,
- Then the right groups workshops and complementary therapies are selected depending on individual circumstances.
Every patient is an individual and has different needs and requirements. Our thorough biopsychosocial assessment shapes the personalised recovery plan for our patients.
Example Programme Timetable
It’s difficult to put a set timetable of “weeks 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5” because everyone recovers at a different rate and is involved with various groups and workshops. Some will quickly embrace the 12 Steps and make quick progress, while others recover more slowly.
For example, if you are a female with an alcohol addiction who also suffers from PTSD, you would have a detoxification specific to alcohol withdrawal, you would attend the women’s only therapy groups, trauma groups, AA groups, and possibly EMDR and DBT. Your length of stay would also be recommended around your personal circumstances.
These begin with an early mindfulness session, a visit to the nurses at the medical centre, and a healthy breakfast. Sleeping in is not part of the programme; you can expect packed days with programmes beginning early in the morning to get your mind into a relaxed, positive state to start the day. The main goal is to introduce a manageable, simple routine that creates healthy habits. The morning usually provides the most intensive part of your day.
Psychoeducational talks by therapists or educational documentaries are presented. These sessions will help you recognize specific patterns of behaviour and also triggers to avoid relapse post-treatment. After the presentations and a short break, it’s time for group therapy.
After some lunch, a chance to relax and go for a walk on the Castle grounds or a visit to the shop. You will be able to enjoy health and fitness. Later, you can expect group therapy workshops, specialized sessions for co-occurring disorders such as trauma and grief, or behavioural addictions such as gambling. Then twice a week, you will have your individual therapy sessions.
There may be 12 steps/NA/AA meetings and self-reflection periods after dinner. The evenings can also involve short group sessions intended for people to share and reflect on the day.
The day will usually end around eight in the evening or nine, leaving you some free time and a chance to reflect and settle down. If you have trouble sleeping, you might receive some acupuncture from a trained nurse.
|Lecture: Challenges of Stress in Recovery
|Own time /Gym
|Addiction (e.g. Gambling) Group or Yoga and stretching
|Recovery Workshop: Mindfulness
|Cocaine Anonymous Meeting
|End of Day Reflection
Advanced Programme (Extended Stay)
|Own time / Fitness Activity
|Specialist Group: Behavioural Addictions/Specialist Group: Grief
|Specialist Group: Mindfulness
|Own time / Yoga & Breathing
|Peer Evaluations / Assignments
|Recovery Workshop: ‘Mindfulness’
|End of Day Reflection
- Therapy and Counselling Sessions: Individual and group counselling sessions are provided daily. These will be crucial in helping people express themselves, face reality and take responsibility for their recovery. A trained therapist leads sessions to ensure safe and appropriate procedures.
- Educational Programmes: These are designed to teach you about the disease of addiction and what you can expect during your treatment and continued recovery.
- Life Skill Training Sessions: You will learn and practice the vital recovery skills and coping methods needed to meet the challenges of a life lived in a new manner.
- Nutrition Planning: Physical health is important during your stay and will help you with your ongoing recovery. Structured meal times and balanced diets are an important part of our addiction programme. Acquiring healthy eating habits regulates blood nutrient levels and enhances well-being.
- Fitness Regimes: Structured exercise programmes are designed to keep individuals active, healthy, and happy. Exercise can be a great way to curb cravings and improve moods.
- Complementary Therapies And Holistic Techniques: Here at Castle Craig, we have amenities such as massage treatments, kinetic chain release, acupuncture, hand massage, hyperbaric oxygen and much more. We can also offer specialised therapies such as art and equine therapy to balance the mind and body.
- Support Group Meetings: These are in-house fellowship meetings with your peers following the 12 Step model first proposed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Using the principles of honesty, openness, and willingness to change, such groups build trust, fellowship, and self-esteem through the simple process of sharing their experience, strength, and hope. They represent one of the most successful and powerful aids to recovery ever devised.
- Family Programmes: Addiction is a family disease, and family involvement is vital. Some education on the nature of addiction and its treatment is usually helpful. In addition, family members can openly and honestly discuss their issues over past behaviour and the way ahead to make the recovery journey a lot easier.
- Own Time: Time on your own for self-reflection, therapy assignments, time to relax and chat to other patients, to stretch your legs, is important too. This is also factored into the day so that your time with us is well-balanced.
Through the warmth of genuine human connection you can find the strength to conquer your struggles.
Get Help Today
One thing you can rest assured with us here at Castle Craig is that we care – we want you to thrive and become the best version of yourself. So many of us have experienced what you are experiencing, and we know that it works if you want it to.
We’ve had decades of experience in helping people suffering from addiction disorders as well as many other mental health problems. We’ve always accepted the challenge of helping people when they cannot help themselves because we believe that all life is important and worth saving.
How We Encourage The Recovery Process:
Peer support is a huge part of the recovery process – everyone here is in the same boat as you are, and people who have been here for 5-8 weeks pass on their knowledge of their process to empower people who are in their first and second week
Many people are reluctant to do more than 28 days when they call us, but when they start the programme, they begin to understand the benefits of staying longer and extending their programme, particularly if they have a dual diagnosis.
CATCH Recovery is a leading outpatient clinic in London that provides exceptional addiction treatment services for patients struggling with substance abuse disorders. The clinic offers personalised treatment plans that are tailored to meet the unique needs of each patient, with a team of highly trained and experienced addiction specialists who work closely with patients to help them achieve long-term recovery.
Download Our Brochure
As a trusted partner of Castle Craig, one of the UK’s leading residential addiction treatment centers, CATCH Recovery offers a seamless continuum of care for patients transitioning from residential treatment to outpatient care. This ensures that patients receive the best possible support and care throughout their recovery journey.
Experts You Can Trust
With a wealth of knowledge and services to help you take back control of your drinking, request a call-back from one of our professionals today. The choice you make today could change your life forever.