Recover Strong: Alcohol & Drug Rehab Manchester
Table of Contents
Addiction is a chronic brain disease that causes people to obsessively seek and consume a substance or engage in an activity regardless of the consequences.
Addiction in any form is a serious problem for everyone involved. Many people do not even realise that they have a problem until it’s too late. There are many forms of addiction, and if it becomes a problem you cannot control, you need to seek help from a rehab facility that has the resources to help.
Addiction can ruin your life, but also drastically affect the lives of your family, friends, and anyone else around you. It can wreck careers and destroy relationships. Depending on your substance/s of choice, as well as other factors, there are many different ways to treat addiction.
Addiction is a lifelong battle but recovery is for everyone.
Recreational use of alcohol is common in the UK and the use of drugs is also on the rise nationwide. Heading down to the pub for a few drinks after work is a normal occurrence in most cities. Manchester boasts a big bar scene and The Northern Quarter is positively packed most nights.
On top of the ready availability, there are also new drugs being synthesised and hitting the streets of Manchester. Spice is a dangerous synthetic drug that has caused large-scale havoc among portions of the population. Cheap and easy to obtain it can have awful consequences. According to the ONS, fewer people died in the UK as a result of taking Spice in 2018 due to it being made illegal to sell. It had been easy to get as it was a “legal high” but that loophole is now thankfully closed.
Recently, the Manchester Evening News reported that three men died in Ardwick after taking the same batch of the synthetic cannabinoid.
If you’re addicted to drugs, alcohol, sex or gambling, it’s important to remember that it’s possible to make a full recovery. With the right treatment, you can gain back control of your life. The first step is admitting that you have a problem and the next is to get help.
Why Choose Castle Craig?
We help people in Manchester with an addiction or substance abuse problem get the treatment they need, no matter what they are going through.
Castle Craig is considered one of, if not the pinnacle of premium drug and alcohol rehab facilities in the whole of the United Kingdom and Europe.
Our experience, guidance, and support will give you the best chance possible for a successful and long-term recovery. We also use cutting-edge indoor and outdoor therapies that provide our residents with the experiences and opportunities, to reconnect with their body, mind, and spirit.
Described as “exemplary” during a recent Intertek International ISO 9001 quality standard inspection, we are proud of our hospital management team, who take extra care and attention to make certain that our patients have the best and only the best.
We have a long history of making sure that people get effective treatment and Castle Craig was the first treatment centre to bring the 12 step facilitation programme to Scotland, as far back as 1988. We also continue to lead the way in our field of work. In 2008 we were the first to offer hyperbaric oxygen therapy for all patients in treatment.
We customise our addiction treatment to meet each client’s individual needs. This is because no two clients are the same and we understand that the same program will not work for everyone.
For most people, the road that has led to addiction is usually stress, trauma or depression, or a combination of all of them. You can expect the highest level of innovative personalized attention and the benefit of different options rather than a rigidly enforced system.
You are feeling safe and cared for during your personal recovery is our top priority. You need the best quality care to make sure that you can beat your addiction and move forward with a positive healthy lifestyle.
The 5 Reasons Why Castle Craig Is Your Perfect Solution for a World-Class Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centre
- World-Class Facilities. Getting treatment for a drug or alcohol problem is best done in a safe environment. Our rehab centre provides world-class residential facilities and amenities in well-cared-for grounds that have been specifically designed for relaxation and recovery with wholesome healthy fresh food prepared daily by our head chef. We have 50 acres of countryside on our doorstep.
- Experienced, Compassionate Team Members. The team we have at Castle Craig is highly credentialed and empathetic. We are passionate about helping you to succeed and provide quality care around the clock as well as aftercare. We have over 30 years of experience and have successfully helped over 10,000 patients.
- Personalised Treatment Plans. We understand that each of our clients is an individual and treat them as such. We customise treatment plans to suit your personal circumstances for the most effective results. If you have any specific dietary requirements our chef will make sure your meals are specially customised and prepared.
- Privacy and Discretion. We want you to feel safe in the knowledge that your privacy will be respected and that your treatment will be handled with the utmost discretion. We offer security and peace of mind. Once you arrive through the entrance and drive up the private country road into the estate, no other houses or roads can be seen ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
- Comprehensive Aftercare. We offer a trusted system of comprehensive aftercare support. We are dedicated to making sure you achieve long-term recovery and provide you with ongoing care even after you have left our facility. Our most recent independent research (Christo Study, 2015) shows 73% of our patients achieving long-term abstinence, and 92% showing overall improvements.
Why Does Manchester Have Such a Big Drug and Alcohol Problem?
Manchester is a great city that’s full of life and known to have a vibrant party scene. The second-largest city in the UK, it’s become infamous for its drug use and history of heady nightlife.
There are many factors that contributed to this current state of affairs but the fact of the matter is that cocaine addiction and use have soared in recent years and opiates are on the rise as well.
Drug and Alcohol Misuse Statistics in Manchester
- Statistics for drug and alcohol abuse in Manchester are by far the highest since records began 18 years ago in 2001, and they have been climbing steadily for 10 years.
- Death rates are now running at twice the national rate from drugs and are the highest in the region. Alcohol alone has had a devastating effect on communities.
- Statistics show that expenditure on alcohol-related crime, health, worklessness, and social care costs are over £1 billion every year. That works out to around £500 per resident of the city per annum.
- Drug and alcohol addiction has far-reaching consequences on local communities as well as the financial cost that has to be paid.
At Castle Craig, we are proud of our world-class treatment programs for all forms of addiction and have over 30 years of experience treating people from the Manchester area successfully.
Call our number any time of day if it is an emergency and you want help.
We Can Help
At Castle Craig, we treat a range of addictions in the following categories:
If you have someone you care about that is stuck in a tragic cycle of addiction, no matter what it is, make sure they get the help they need. We have helped when families and even work colleagues have asked for assistance when a person they care about was either in denial or in need of professional help.
How Can I Tell if I Am Suffering From Drug or Alcohol Addiction?
If you are asking yourself the question perhaps it is time to seek help and start your recovery. If you think you might have a problem with drugs or alcohol and are ready to do something about it, pick up the phone and give us a call or click here.
We can help you get clean and stay clean. Entering rehab for any kind of addiction is courageous. You are making a brave decision that will change your life for the better. Be strong and take the first step to the rest of your life.
What if I Am a Family Member, a Concerned Loved One, or a Work Colleague?
It can be extremely hard to cope when someone you care about is suffering. Helping someone to face up to their addiction and admit they have a problem can seem impossible and leave you feeling frustrated and worried.
We can give you the information and advice you need to help your loved one on their way to a successful recovery.
Castle Craig Hospital
0808 271 7500
How Can Castle Craig Help?
How Do I Pay For Rehab?
One concern we sometimes hear from people is how they will fund their rehab treatment. The cost of rehab varies depending on what kind of accommodation you choose. You can pay for treatment at Castle Craig privately, or through medical insurance, and some people receive funding through the NHS.
How Long Is the Rehab Programme?
Residential rehab treatment starts at four weeks and can go up to 12+ weeks. Research shows us that the longer you stay in rehab and are part of the residential therapy programme, the longer the likelihood of continued abstinence and stable recovery.
Who Will I Speak to When I Call?
When you call you will reach our Help Centre team who will give you all the information you need to help you decide whether to choose treatment at Castle Craig. Once you have decided that you would like to have a free screening assessment you will be put in touch with our admissions case managers who will guide you through the admissions process.
What Happens at the End of My Treatment?
Castle Craig thoroughly prepares patients before departure by creating a personalised continuing care plan which is formulated following discussions with the medical and therapeutic team. We offer an online continuing care programme which runs for 24 weeks after leaving treatment, in order to ensure a smooth transition back into your everyday life. Patients leaving treatment automatically join our Recovery Club where they can stay connected via our annual reunion, events, online workshops and recovery newsletters.