Indian Head Massage for Holistic Therapy
Table of Contents
We offer a number of complementary therapies which focus on relaxation and assisting with sleep disturbance. A degree of insomnia is very common during detoxification and we endeavour to use natural methods where possible to relieve this.
A healthy sleep pattern will always promote the effectiveness of detoxification.
Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage may be included in individual treatment plans, depending on availability and referral by either medical or therapeutic staff.
Free Addiction Assessment
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Detoxifies the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage: Indian Head Massage stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck, thus helping to remove waste products from the body.
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia: These are often side-effects of stress and Indian Head Massage relieves stress and promotes relaxation by attacking the physical symptoms, thus allowing for a deeper sense of well-being and relaxation.
- Relieves symptoms of anxiety and depression: Massaging the head encourages the supply of oxygen to the brain which is one of the best ways of reducing anxiety and lifting one’s mood.
- Helps prevent migraines, headaches and back pain: Often tension in the upper back, neck and head leads to migraines, headaches and back pain, and sometimes depression.
- Renews energy levels: Indian Massage has a powerful effect in bringing the energy of the body back into balance.
- Boosts memory capabilities: Massaging the head slows us down, sensual awareness takes over, thoughts quieten and awareness is brought to the forefront. Promotes hair growth: The massage increases nourishment and oxygen to the scalp and hair follicle which in turn stimulates hair growth.
Download Our Brochure
We often ask patients to complete evaluation forms on certain aspects of our treatment programme so that we can offer the best service possible. Our Indian Head Massage sessions received exceptionally positive comments and it is clear that our patients benefit both physically and mentally from this holistic therapy:
‘Minnie’s healing hands are fantastic – a wonderful and professional service with both physical and emotional benefits.’
‘Truly a multi-level connection, anxiety drops, serenity increases- one of the high points in the week.’
‘Super relaxing. Helps me with my ADHD.’
How Can Castle Craig Help?
How Do I Pay For Rehab?
One concern we sometimes hear from people is how they will fund their rehab treatment. The cost of rehab varies depending on what kind of accommodation you choose. You can pay for treatment at Castle Craig privately, or through medical insurance, and some people receive funding through the NHS.
How Long Is the Rehab Programme?
Residential rehab treatment starts at four weeks and can go up to 12+ weeks. Research shows us that the longer you stay in rehab and are part of the residential therapy programme, the longer the likelihood of continued abstinence and stable recovery.
Who Will I Speak to When I Call?
When you call you will reach our Help Centre team who will give you all the information you need to help you decide whether to choose treatment at Castle Craig. Once you have decided that you would like to have a free screening assessment you will be put in touch with our admissions case managers who will guide you through the admissions process.
What Happens at the End of My Treatment?
Castle Craig thoroughly prepares patients before departure by creating a personalised continuing care plan which is formulated following discussions with the medical and therapeutic team. We offer an online continuing care programme which runs for 24 weeks after leaving treatment, in order to ensure a smooth transition back into your everyday life. Patients leaving treatment automatically join our Recovery Club where they can stay connected via our annual reunion, events, online workshops and recovery newsletters.